If you are interested in seeing my customer's quilts go to: http://www.miriamsquilts.blogspot.com/

Friday, June 15, 2012

The Quilter's Husband's Lament

I was just talking to Ashley the other day about people I know who have a maid come in to clean their homes....and how really wonderful that would be.  (Actually, it would be a toss up which I would like more, a maid or a cook -- okay, I'll take both!)


ADDICTED TO QUILTING

She learned to quilt on MONDAY;
Her stitches all were fine.
She forgot to make us dinner,
So we all went out to dine.

She quilted miniatures on TUESDAY;
She says they are a must.
They really were quite lovely,
But she forgot to dust.

On WEDNESDAY, it was a sampler.
She says stippling's fun.
What highlights! What shadows!
But the laundry wasn't done.

Nine Patches were on THURSDAY -
Green, yellow, blue, and red.
I guess she really was engrossed;
She never made the bed.

It was wall hangings on FRIDAY,
In colors she adores.
It never bothered her at all
That crumbs were on the floor.

I found a maid on SATURDAY;
My week is now complete.
My wife can quilt the hours away;
The house will still be neat.

Well, now it's only SUNDAY.
I think I'm about to wilt.
I yelled, I raved, I ranted
'Cuz the maid has learned to QUILT!

Someone send me a maid!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Love it. Add a gardener, too. LOL (Seriously, I've always wanted a house keeper and for a long, long time a cook.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: Hope you had a wonderful time with the new baby and the rest of your cute family.

    ReplyDelete