If you are interested in seeing my customer's quilts go to: http://www.miriamsquilts.blogspot.com/

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Applesauce Muffins

I've pulled so many recipes off different places on the internet, I can't remember where I got this one.  For some reason I couldn't get it to print off, so I had to hand write it, thus - no reference on the paper as to where I got it.  A number of the recipes I'm finding I have to fiddle with somewhat, they have something in it that I've decided to try and avoid.  The same with this one.  There's still a couple of little things that at some point I hope to find a good substitute, or else just see if I can drop them out...but this first time I did use them.  But I did leave out a few major no-nos, and I think it was still good.  The only thing I debated over was the white flour.  The recipe called for 2 1/2 cups of whole wheat pastry flour (never heard of that before, but assume it's a lighter version of ww flour).  Can't get that where I live, so to keep the muffins from being super heavy and upset our poor systems that are in the first stages of getting used to all this healthy stuff, I decided to use some white flour....I do plan to slowly wean that out over time (and hopefully find that pastry flour some place.)  It was good - we both liked it, a nicely textured, moist muffin with a good flavor.

Applesauce Muffin

2 1/2 c whole wheat pastry flour (I used 1 c white and 1 1/2 c whole wheat flour)
1 t cinnamon
1/2 t baking soda
1/4 t nutmeg
1/4 t salt
1 c unsweetened applesauce
1/2 c non dairy milk
1 T veg oil (I used it, but will try it without next time)
1 T light molasses
1 T apple cider vinegar
1/2 c Raisins
1/4 c nuts
* and I threw in some blue berries that needed to be used up, a great addition!

Mix all together, spoon into muffin pans sprayed with Pam, Bake 350 degrees for 15-20 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment