If you are interested in seeing my customer's quilts go to: http://www.miriamsquilts.blogspot.com/

Monday, April 30, 2012

Fushia = Grandma

I saw this picture of a lovely fushia plant on one of the quilting blogs I visit occasionally.  This is hanging outside of her studio.  It makes me think of my maternal grandmother.  She had a large picture window in her living room where there sat a big pot with a tall white trellis coming out of it and in this pot was the largest fushia plant I've ever seen.  I was small, so who knows how tall it actually was, I have memories of it being very tall.  And it always seemed to be in bloom...we must have always visited when it was in it's growing season.  I always think of Grandma when I see one of these.

2 comments:

  1. Popping the buds and the twirly chair are my two big memories of Grandma!

    ReplyDelete