If you are interested in seeing my customer's quilts go to: http://www.miriamsquilts.blogspot.com/

Monday, April 9, 2012

Pumpkin Oatmeal

I've run across a couple of interesting ways to fix oatmeal in my recent scouring of whole food ideas.  For people who enjoy pumpkin this is pretty good.  (I don't care for pumpkin pie at all...but pumpkin breads and cookies are to die for.  My husband likes this.) I got this recipe from The Happy Herbivore.

Pumpkin Oatmeal

1/2 c rolled oats
3/4 c water
1/4 c canned pure pumpkin
1/4 to 1/2 t pumpkin pie spice
2 T raisins
1 T maple syrup

Cook oats in water with raisins. You can add more water if you like your oatmeal a bit soupy.  Once cooked, mix with pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice.  Drizzle with maple syrup and serve. 

3 comments:

  1. I love seeing the whole foods you are eating! Isn't eating well such a great part of life?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only it were as easy and yummy as eating unhealthy! It take dedication and research to eat like this! The "normal" diet is constantly calling out and tempting you to stray.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm. This sounds awful, but is probably pretty good. lol

    ReplyDelete