If you are interested in seeing my customer's quilts go to: http://www.miriamsquilts.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Asparagus Soup

This is a recipe I got from my sister 2 years ago (she didn't remember it at all, and I had to share it back to her!)  This is a GREAT way to use up the bottom ends of Asparagus that you are supposed to cut off because they get a bit tough.  Use the top, tender part for vegetables, and then make this soup with the rest. 

Creamy Asparagus Soup

1/2 an onion, cut up
1 large potato, peeled and cut up
4 cups chicken broth (I used water and chicken bullion)
1 lb asparagus
1 t thyme
1 t lemon juice
1/4 t salt
1/4 t pepper
1/4 t nutmeg
1/2 c powdered milk (in dry form)

Dump everything except the powdered milk into pan and simmer until vegetables are soft.  Add milk, then put everything into a blender and blend until smooth.

When I tried making this with chicken broth and liquid milk it was too runny and tastless.  I love this soup, made this way.   

1 comment:

  1. sounds wonderful. (could substitute some of the broth for regular milk.) Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete