If you are interested in seeing my customer's quilts go to: http://www.miriamsquilts.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Book: Across the Universe

Been awhile since I've posted about a book.  I'm sitting here waiting for a quilting customer to show up, so thought I'd mention a book I just finished and really enjoyed.  I read about this on some book blog and it sounded good so I ended up having to order it in at my library (they have the 2nd book of the series, but not the 1st - go figure.) 

Here's what the back of the book says:
Amy is a cryogenically frozen passenger aboard the spaceship Godspeed.  She has left her boyfriend, friends - and planet - behind to join her parents as a member of Project Ark Ship.  Amy and her parents believe they will wake on a new planet, Centauri - Earth, 300 years in the future.  But fifty years before Godspeed's scheduled landing, cryo chamber 42 is mysteriously unplugged, and Amy is violently woken from her frozen slumber.

Someone tried to murder her.

Now, Amy is caught inside a tiny world where nothing makes sense.  Godspeed's 2,312 passengers have forfeited all control to Eldest, a tyrannical and frightening leader.  And Elder, Eldest's rebellious teenage heir, is both fascinated with Amy and eager to discover whether he has what it takes to lead.

Amy desperately wants to trust Elder.  but should she put her faith in a boy who has never seen life outside the ship's cold metal walls?  All Amy knows is that she and Elder must race to unlock Godspeed's hidden secrets before whoever woke her tries to kill again.

There you go.  Sci-Fi - mystery - romance - dystopian.....what's not to like?  I enjoyed it and now need to plow through about 4 other books that I have checked out before I can go and try to find book 2 of this trilogy.  


1 comment:

  1. Sounds interesting. Thanks. Always up for a murder mystery and romance. lol

    ReplyDelete